Friday 19 October 2012

Fancy Mac 'n' No Cheese - Pumpkin Style


Today was one of those days when you wish you would have just stayed in bed and skipped the whole thing all together. I don’t have a lot of those but somehow today the stars were aligned.  Woke up with the worst ankle pain ever and could barely walk to the car (let alone all day at work), lost my work key and of course, when I thought I had it all figured out, my car wouldn’t start! Lol
The good news is, I decided there was no way it was going to end like this so I got to work in the kitchen to cook something that would help me forget that I might have to walk to work tomorrow.

Last weekend I pureed my first pumpkin and had some in my morning smoothies all week. It’s so yummy and filling! I also roasted the seeds and have been munching on them quite a bit as well. I was really surprised on how much food you get with just one inexpensive pumpkin. So, tonight I needed to make something quick but awesome which is always a rough task. I feel like the perfect meal would be as good as it can be, with the least amount of time taken to prepare it, because time is everything! Anyways, I decided on a Mac n no Cheese again (which is the first recipe I posted) but an awesomized version of it! Hoping to use the rest of that pumpkin puree, I thought I would try it to make a sauce. I have seen some recipes online with pumpkin sauce so I thought I would just figure something out with it. I really liked my first Mac 'n' no Cheese and I ate a lot of it for some time but this… THIS is definitely and upgrade. It was really quick to make too! Definitely a mood enhancer! Lol

Enjoy your weekend! With all the snow in the forecast, I know I will! :)

Fancy Mac 'n' No Cheese - Pumpkin Style

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Prep time: 2 minutes  Crying time: 5 minutes   Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1(A big one. I deserved it!)
Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup Brown Rice Pasta
3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Almond Milk (Maybe more to achieve preferred consistency)
1/4 cup Quinoa Flakes
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 Chopped Onion (If you don’t like onions in mac n cheese omit them. I like a lot of it. Half an onion might be enough for most people, depending on how dangerous you feel.)
2 Garlic cloves
3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
Pinch of Nutmeg
Sea salt and Pepper
1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1 1/4 cup Organic Spinach

Cook the pasta for 7 minutes. Place in a colander to drain and rinse. Take the same pot you used for the pasta (less dishes wouhou!) and heat the Coconut Oil over medium heat. Add the Onions and Garlic and cook them for about 5 minutes or until translucent. Add Pumpkin Puree, Almond Milk, Nutritional Yeast and Quinoa Flakes. Stir and add more Almond Milk until desired consistency. Add Pasta, Nutmeg, Sea salt and pepper and mix well. Add spinach and cook for one more minute. That’s it! You’re done.
If you aren’t feeling great after this meal then you might want to try this super funny video…Just to make sure that you laugh today (I’m totally addicted to it!).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment