Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Journey Begins...

Hello there!

My name is Marie and I am a vegan. In fact, I am in the process of becoming a vegan. Yes, that's right. I have been trying to go vegan for a while and I realized that it is definitely not an overnight change! There is so much to learn, so much foods to discover. Since I began my journey, I had a blast finding out about the power of whole foods, super foods and the horror stories behind today's food industry.

It all started when I decided to train for a marathon. Training was so much fun other than I was always tired and/or hungry all day long and when I wasn't, I was having stomach pain and trouble digesting. After a few meetings with nutritionist Samantha Peris, I found out I had to change my diet. Less sugar, less process foods, less meat, less carbs and no gluten, all replaced by lots of veggies (Organic of course!). Fiouuff! That was a big change, but with Samantha's help and my natural curiosity, here I am today feeling amazing! I already cut out all meat and working on removing all dairy from my diet (Cheese is such a challenge to give up!). I am so happy about my new diet that I needed to share with you eveything I know and what I continue learning.

I called this blog Vegan for one because I am single so I only cook for myself and I hate eating leftovers! Ha! We should be able to work with recipes for one that taste perfect and have just the right amount of nutrients (Including your daily veggie load!). So because no one actually tastes all these awesome new recipes I am trying every week, I will share them with you! Cooking vegan is amazing and I am sure you (and your tummy) will love it too! :)

Cheers,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment