Wednesday 19 September 2012

Red Kale Tomato Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheeze


I hope you guys had a good week! Have you tried any vegan recipes yet?  Let me know which ones you liked or what kind of recipe you would like to see on here! I have been working on some raw desserts for a few weeks and I am almost ready to share them so get ready! Last week was a crazy week because I decided to go to Edmonton on a week night for a blender chef workshop with David Wolfe. It was amazing even if I had to drive back right away and got home at 4am! If you haven’t heard of him already I suggest you learn a bit about him. He is such a great, down to earth guy!
David is co-founder of TheBestDayEver.com online health magazine and is President of The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation with a mission to plant 18 billion fruit trees on planet Earth. [davidwolfe.com]

I learned so much about Superfoods and Superherbs and I am really excited to share all that information with you soon but for now, here is the pizza recipe as promised!
 

 Red Kale & Tomato Pizza with Basil Cashew Cheeze
Prep time: 5 min    Cooking time: 10 min   Servings: 1

Ingredients:

1 Whole wheat tortilla

2 Big Red Kale leaves


10 Cherry Tomatoes halved

2 mini Bell Peppers (Or half of a regular Bell Pepper)

2 Garlic Cloves

3 Big Basil Leaves

Nutritional yeast to taste

 
Pre-heat the oven to 400F

 Spread the basil cashew cheeze on the tortilla and lay kale leaves on top. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and bell peppers. Top with chopped garlic and basil. Add nutritional yeast to taste. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes or until the tortilla is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment